Renew The Blue Summary
The original promise was to paint five classrooms. Here is what
happened last summer at the original Parry McCluer:
- 19 classrooms
- Office hallway
- Four bathrooms
- Carpet was donated and installed in several areas.
- Over 250 people worked as volunteers. (Many were PMHS grads, and many were not.)
- 19 businesses and industries contributed.
- 8 churches/religious groups were involved in providing food and/or manpower.
- All local schools and many school organizations helped.
- School board and city council and BV workers all helped paint.
- Local businesses made donations of food, supplies, money, and time.
- All supplies were purchased locally and many businesses gave substantial discounts.
- The project cost $8,627.07. Funds donated amounted to $8,602.27.
- Of the donations, $1,425 came from Blues that now live elsewhere but carry BV in their hearts forever. Thanks to every Blue, near and far.